What do you do when you are completely out of ideas? Crib and cringe about writer’s block? Let your blog hibernate like I did for almost 2 months? Yeah! Or you could pick up a random tag from somewhere and write on it. Seriously, whoever invented these nice tags is a godsend for lazy bloggers like me. The one I am going to take today is IHM’s. To quote her in her own words…
So here’s a tag – Please list at least ten things you have ever wanted or done which your gender is not supposed to.
Before I start, I don’t subscribe to any of these stereotypes of gender and truly believe that no job is purely a woman’s or a man’s. Anyway, here we go!
1. I hate pink. I don’t understand why women love that colour so much. Reds and oranges are so much better, as are the more earthy brown shades.
2. I am crazy about bikes and cars. I don’t own any of the fancy ones, just an Activa. But, for me, performance, mileage, power…all these are important, if not more important that looks in a vehicle.
3. I love watching cricket. I am an armchair critic. Since I hate physical activity of any sort and wouldn’t move my backside for sport, I don’t play it. But watching…love it!
4. I am passionate about politics. I have my opinions. I study politics (both the international and the local variety) with a detached interest. I truly believe it gives people an insight into human psychology.
5. I am a gadget-freak. Mobile phones, MP3 players, stereos, cameras…name it! I love it. Especially the cameras. I find the old point and shoot cameras too childish for me. I want a DSLR. In fact, some of my best photos were taken on an old analogue SLR in college. In black and white!
6. I don’t particularly love babies. Sure, I like naughty kids. But, the minute they start crying I lose patience! I’ll probably be a terrible mom or an impatient one at least!
7. I am incapable of feeling shy. Embarrassed yes. But shy? I don’t seem to know HOW!
8. In general, I find excessive jewellery irritating. I do buy accessories and stuff though. Just for weddings and the like.
9. When it comes to off-colour joke, I am neither embarrassed nor confused. I understand most of them, however subtle and sometimes people need to be careful around me to avoid random misinterpretation by me! In fact, friends watch their words and carefully complete sentences because they never know when I will erupt in laughter.
10. I am more tech-savvy and computer-literate than most men I know. Despite my obvious dislike for hardcore technology, I am quite adept at using it to suit my ends. In fact, I learnt XML just be to able to tweak my Blogger template.
So there! Ten random “guy facts” about me. I won’t tag anyone. If you are reading this, you know I’d like to know more about you! 🙂